Medical Care During the Covid-19 Pandemic and its Variants Part 1
Part 1 of this CME Activity contains the following topics:
"Telemedicine and COVID-19"
"Cardiac Considerations in the Context of Covid"
This Activity will be worth 2.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- Analyze the shift that has occurred in the past few months with the COVID-19 pandemic
- Be able to discuss what the future of telemedicine will look like in the short-run and long-run
- Be able to identify the legal issues involved in telehealth
- Be able to identify the services that can be provided by telehealth under the new emergency declaration
- Know the steps of the1135 Waiver
- Be able to describe the cardiac effects of COVID-19 infection (clinical presentation and pathophysiology)
- Be able to describe treatment options and potential side effects with a particular focus on cardiac side effects
- Be able to discuss the strategies to protect staff who are caring for cardiac patients
National Director of Clinical Innovation
U.S. Acute Care Solutions, Canton, OH
Professor of Emergency Medicine, Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA
Attending ED physician, Shady Grove Hospital, Rockville, MD
Attending ED physician, Allegheny General Hospital, Pittsburgh, PA
Professor of Medicine
UCLA School of Medicine
Endowed Chair of Preventive Cardiology
Harbor-UCLA Medical Center
Program Director, Division of Cardiology
Director of Cardiac CT
"The Islamic Medical Association of North America is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians"
- 2.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The Islamic Medical Association of North America is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians. IMANA designates this live activity for a maximum of AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.