COVID-19 Year in Review
A review of COVID-19 in the past year and how it's changed and mutated
- Discuss current and past statistics surrounding COVID-19
- Describe the factors necessary for SARS-COV2 transmission and how it mutated in certain regions
- Discuss the response for the pandemic and eventual vaccine options
- Discuss how vaccines have affected the rate of transmission and the number of cases for COVID-19
Dr. Uzma Syed
She is a board-certified Infectious Diseases specialist based in Long Island, New York.
"She manages her private practice, Southshore Infectious Disease and Travel Medicine Consultants, while serving as Chair of the COVID-19 Task Force and the Director of the Antimicrobial Stewardship Center of Excellence for Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center. Dr Syed is well-published in pneumonia-related research and was heavily involved in several COVID-19 clinical trials. A member of the Inclusion, Diversity, Access & Equity Task Force for the Infectious Disease Society of America, she is often featured as an expert speaking about infectious diseases within national print, online and broadcast media."
You can read more about her and her research here.
Dr. Uzma Syed has no financial relationships to disclose.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The Islamic Medical Association of North America is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians. IMANA designates this live activity for a maximum of AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.