Advances in Fertility Treatment
This course will go over the current fertility treatments available today. It covers the proper diagnostic testing to evaluate the patient and determining when to refer them to a specialist. You will also learn how to analyze the various treatment options relative to the patients' needs.
1. Identify risk factors for infertility in both women and men
2. Recognize appropriate diagnostic tests of the evaluation of an infertile patient
3. Determine when to refer to a specialist
4. Analyze various treatment options
-Planned embryo freeze-all cycles
-Preimplantation genetic screening: Next Generation Sequencing
-Embryo morphokinetic analysis: the Embryoscope
-Mitograde: mitochondrial dna
Carolyn J. Alexander, M.D. has no relevant financial relationships to disclose
Associate Professor of Obstetrics & Gynecology, UCLA
Attending Physician at Southern California Reproductive Center
“The Islamic Medical Association of North America (IMANA) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.”
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The Islamic Medical Association of North America is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians. IMANA designates this live activity for a maximum of AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.